On May 26, 2005 I started out to drive my 40 Ford Tudor Sedan to the NSRA Mid-Western Nats,
but about 10 miles south of town the 350 SBC powering the car started making deathly noises and
lost power. Fortunately I was coming up on an exit of the Kansas Turnpike and managed to limp
the car off the Turnpike and slowly drive it home under it's on power.
The engine had been having a persistent miss for the last few months and I was slowly going
about tracking it down. I did a compression check and all the cyls were up to 110 to 125.
I replaced the spark plugs, ignition wires, dist cap and rotor to no avail.
I pulled the valve cover from the side of the engine with the miss and couldn't find any
mechanical components out of order visually. (obviously I didn't look hard enough)
So now I have a real problem and will start dismantelling the engine to find the source
of the problem. I plan to take pics of each step and post them here.
My friend Roger Mingle has graciously agreed to assist in the engine work. ;-)